Thursday, July 3, 2008

iLove Nike + iPod

Running has been going exceptionally well this week. Saturday is my last day of 20/5 2x and I feel great! Well, except for the pain thats starting to come back in my piriformus/sciatic nerve. To fill you all in, back in February I had emergency surgery while in NY for our conference meet. Long story short, they found a softball sized cyst and removed it immediately, leaving me with an 8 week recovery period (and no chance of competing). All was said and done and my back pain was gone, so of course I thought the pain I had been feeling ever since I could remember was caused by my massive growth (which my teammates later named Murph and/or Sheila). Yet, I'm not so sure the cyst was the cause of my pain and that maybe I really do have back problems. However, its not hurting so much during my runs as it does when I'm stretching/going upstairs, so maybe with some ice/heat/massages/doing my old therapy, I'll be good as new.

Onto more exciting news...I got the new Nike + iPod sensor (http://nikeplus.nike.com/nikeplus/?sitesrc=uslanding) and I suggest you all go out and get one...NOW! This thing is amazing - not only does it keep track of how far you run, but also keeps track of your average pace per mile and your best timed mile. You can even send up to 1,000 workouts to nike.com and it will track your progress and total mileage (plus a bunch of other neat stuff). Let me just say that I was surprised with this morning's results: 50 minutes = 5.33 miles, average pace 9:43/mile, best time 8:07/mile

Who thought running could ever be this fun!!

2 comments:

Kaity Mackenzie said...

Hey Lady... I tagged you. YOU'RE IT

Chris said...

I love my Nike+ and will not run without it. Sad really. Greatest thing ever though!

So, is it time for a trip to the doctors office? It sounds like your pain could be serious.