Friday, July 18, 2008

hot hot heat

Yesterday's run was challenging and thanks to my laziness i slept through my alarm once again...bad idea. I refuse to wait until the late evening when the weather for running is just right so instead i thought, "i'll get it done now, at 4 pm, when its hotter than ever out. I'll be running in florida anyways, so i might as well get my body used to the intense heat." Isn't justifying your actions when it makes no sense to great?...especially when there are warnings from the weather channel and those oh so amazing "Ozone Action Days." Maybe I'll just stick to the treadmill next time its that hot out.

Anyways, I found myself running at an average of almost 10 min/mile towards the end and while i felt as though i wasn't getting in much of a workout, my heart rate was up and i was sweating profusely. Thanks to the blistering sun and the lack of clouds in the sky, my face was fire engine red by the time i finished and i felt as though someone just threw a bucket of hot water on me, but the good news is i FINISHED....and without stopping to walk. I've found that talking to yourself really does help and if you've made it this far you can keep on going just a little bit longer. I'm really starting to surprise myself with the motivation and determination i have to keep going even when i feel as though my body is about to collapse.

Thank you Kaitlin for inspiring me to do this with you. I can't wait for January 11th!

1 comment:

Kaity Mackenzie said...

Man YOU are the inspiring one! I have been having a rough go of it lately. I just can't get my motivation going. I then get mad at myself when I stop and walk which is just self defeating. The transition from focusing on time to focusing on miles wasn't an easy one for me and I don't know why. You are doing such an awesome job. I can't wait until I get to see you!