Tuesday, July 8, 2008

too much too soon

As I sat reading my non-runners guide in preparation for the next couple weeks, I realized something about my first 25/5 run yesterday... I did wayyyy more than the book had planned. OOPS! Since all my runs (up until now) have you repeat the set twice I thought that the 25/5 run would be the same way -- now it makes sense as to why that run was somewhat difficult and why I was beginning to think this week of running was going to be close to impossible. However, I feel as though i'm on cloud 9 for running almost a full hour (that 6.59 mile run will be good for me in the long run -- only 20 more to go). I was contemplating whether or not I should keep up with that long of a run and just do the same thing I did yesterday, but my aches and pains are telling me otherwise. I think i'll listen this time....and take my book with me when I'm away for long weekends.

the good that comes from all of this: at least we know i can make it about 7 miles without dying

No comments: