Wednesday, July 23, 2008

easy peasy

Thank you rain for taking away the humidity!! I just finished my 30 minute run and surprisingly it was one of my fastest runs...3 1/2 miles in 30 minutes. I think i got way too excited in the beginning though, thanks to the lack of scorching heat, that my heart rate was way above where it should have been by minute 17. I had to slow down a little bit (which is ok) but i didn't stop. I almost did because of the stomach cramp i was wrestling with, but knowing I had made it more than half way, I gritted my teeth, talked to myself a bit (which the people in passing cars had to have thought I looked like a fool) and kept on going. By minute 27 I felt an intense burst of energy and practically sprinted the rest of the way.

I've been thinking lately about some other training I could do besides all this running because to be honest, I miss all the conditioning from when i was at notre dame diving. And plus, I think it would make my running much easier. I had just always been too tired after my runs that I got too lazy and just wanted to stretch and lay down. Well, today is a new day! From now on i've decided to do abs and legs every day, especially after each run. I've been doing pilates consistently for the past 4 days, so its about time i keep up with it...just like my running.

2 more runs until actual training begins!

1 comment:

Kaity Mackenzie said...

Damn girl. You are kicking BUTT.