Sunday, December 28, 2008

pretty much back in the game...i hope

Yesterday when I said a "little" 10-15 mile run, I should have prepared myself for 14 miles of hell. Don't get me wrong, I feel absolutely great now that its over, but trying to get through it was one of the hardest things. I had to stop a couple times (but only for maybe 2 minute intervals) since it felt as though an elephant was stepping on my chest, but I guess that's what you get when you don't run more than 4 miles for over a month and a half. The knees started to hurt about 3 miles in, but it was only a dull ache so I knew I could keep pushing through it. My legs just weren't so used to that distance anymore and so once I began the mental pep talks and the 'its only one foot right in front of the other laura's...mmm it didn't help much hahaha. Just gotta keep on working on getting that head of mine back in the game.

Marathon day is exactly 2 weeks away and after running with an old highs chool friend who's family is ultra runners, I got some of the low down on what to do these next two weeks, what to wear, what to eat, sleep, etc. I'm pretty excited about going all out these next couple weeks and getting my body in the shape it needs to be in before the big day. It's going to fly by so there's no looking back for this girl. Full speed ahead!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm doing a half marathon in Columbus and I can't believe you're doing a full one!

26 miles would drive me over the edge!