Thursday, December 4, 2008

laura's got a brand new plan

Ok, so I've come to terms that I am never going to be pain free for the duration of this training. So, with that said, I've made a new plan until the day of the marathon...

- Cross train the rest of this week and do 15 miles on the elliptical saturday morning
- Begin running on the track/outside with some days of cross training in between starting next week and getting my last long run (20 miles) in Saturday (Dec. 13)

That last long run will leave me with 25 days to taper. Hopefully this plan works!

And for an update: I'm making myself go to the doctor (hopefully tomorrow) to see what is wrong with my knees. As I was driving home from the gym tonight I started to think what it would be like if I couldn't end up running this marathon... :/

1 comment:

Newly and Forever, Tamantha said...

How did your long run go? I know what you mean about thinking that there could be a chance you don't run...I've been plagued with injury after injury and I'm wondering what to do...First IT Band issues, then patellar tendonitis, then posterior tibial tendonitis, now...plantar fasciitis vs. stress fracture...geez...