Saturday, December 27, 2008

no better weather

Good news is that it jumped from a frigid 30 degrees to a whopping 60 in less than 24 hours so this 10-15 mile run I've got going for myself this morning should be perfect. The only iffiness about it is will my knees be able to withstand that long of a distance? I've got another thing coming if I think they will be 100% by the time the marathon rolls around and I can't just sit and wait around until marathon day to run some long distances so I gotta grit my teeth and run through the pain. I just need to get ONE more long run in (mostly for mental purposes) before the BIG DAY and then concetrate more on tapering and getting my body ready for Disney. By the way...does anybody out there have any advice on what to do to prepare for a marathon that is two weeks out? What to eat, drink, how much sleep to get, etc? OH, and possibly what to do the day/night before the race? I mean, it is Florida and I am attracted to sunshine, especially sunshine that makes me tan, so I don't want to wear myself out with a day by the pool the day before I have to run across the country and back. I just really need to crack down and make sure I'm doing everything the right way.

At this point its just been a little discomfort here and there, but then again I've only managed to run 3 and 4 milers since that last lonnnnng run over a month and a half ago. I've been doing everything I can to fix this problem asap...icing, highly anti-inflammatory medication, knee brace, etc. so at this point, I can't really control the pain that comes from when my knee cap so gladly slides up and to the right of whatever bones and tendons are there before popping itself back into place :) Hey...at least I'm still able to run this thing!

15 days!!! WOW

1 comment:

Newly and Forever, Tamantha said...

Do you have IT Band problems? I had patellar tendonitis that sounds like what you have been experiencing and my MD told me to wear my IT Band strap on the affected leg...it helped alot....