Monday, December 22, 2008

slowly but surely

Last Saturday was the first time I had made it out to run on real pavement since that fateful day one month ago when I ran 17 miles and ended up not being able to walk for the next month. I didn't run for longer than about two miles, but the good news was that I had no pain in my knees...no soreness...no nothing :) I managed to make it out again today and although it was a little harder, I made it all the way up to 4. Hahaha its funny to think that at this point thats kind of a long time considering I have to run 26.2 in less than 3 weeks. But i'll make it...I HAVE to. I may be off to a slow start, but its better than pushing to go long distances now and end up hurting myself yet again.

My plan was to make it back up to 20 miles, which I would have done this Saturday, but I think I'll just stick to a 10-15 miler. I don't want to be ms. crippled the day of the marathon. At this point, I'm thinking its all mental. If I can make it to 18 miles I can make it to 26...right? hahaha

1 comment:

Kaity Mackenzie said...

i love you and good luck! email me your address PLEASE!