Sunday, October 5, 2008

did i really just do that?

I never thought my body could run continuously (without stopping) for 2 hours, but I did it and got my first 12 mile run in. The last 15 minutes had to have been the hardest part, but when I finished I felt great. But oh boy am I feeling the effects of that run today. It's not so much in my quads as it is in my calves but I will need to do some serious stretching these next couple days so I don't get another horrible case of shin splints. However, I'm not quite sure what I'd take if I had to choose blisters or shin splints. I didn't think it was possible to get blisters on the bottoms of your feet but thanks to those 12 miles I have a nasty quarter sized bubble to prove it. (Note to self...put vaseline on the bottoms of your feet and not just on your toes). I started to feel it about an hour in and by the time I was done it felt as though the only thing my feet were hitting were needles. Plenty of neosporin should do the trick. Hopefully I don't encounter this problem again cause it huts. There go my beautiful feet hahaha

Other than that, the weather has been absolutely perfect for running! Not too hot and not too cold. I can't even imagine what its going to be like once I have to pull out the full leg spandex, ear warmers and sweat shirts. I should be tapering by that point so I won't have to be running for very long in the frigid cold....97 days until Disney!! Wow. Where has the time gone?

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Congrats on a great run! You did it! Also, do you have good running socks? Blisters on the bottom of your heels is a little odd so I wondered if maybe it has to do with your socks...

Anonymous said...

Laura... Rings?

Anonymous said...

Steve Lieb! And running 2 hours straight is CRAZY. What are you training for? Marathon at Disney?

Anonymous said...

I remember the first time I ran for 2 hours nonstop, and it was an awesome feeling - enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura, you may want to let Kaity know - her blog doesn't appear to be showing up anymore - it could be another google mixup!

Anonymous said...

I added you to my blog roll girllllllll