Monday, October 20, 2008

and the result is...

....my body is not ok. I went to the doctor and although they say my ankle should be fine with a bit of rest, elevation, and ice, my hip isn't. I got the news today that if it doesn't heal up in the next couple of weeks I'm going to have to get a lovely shot of cortisone. Apparently I have bursitis somethin or other and while it isnt too serious, it means I have to take some time off running.

Time off running? Again? I don't mean to be negative and I'm trying to see the silver lining in all of this, but how many more times do I have to go through all this? It doesn't matter what I do next, I'm always getting hurt. It's the 13 years of gymnastics I tell you! All that pounding, twisting, breaking...its all coming back to haunt me hahaha. Oh well...I guess all I can do now is wait. At least I know taking some time off won't put me too far behind. I'd rather rest now than have to sacrifice the whole marathon.

1 comment:

jenna said...

i'm sorry you're frustrated.
you've worked really hard though and it is going to continue to pay off.
<3