Tuesday, September 30, 2008

just do it

I have another confession to make. That day when I said I was going to get back into running...I lied. I didn't stop training completely, but I haven't been consistent. For almost 4 weeks I broke up with running and it hasn't been that hard getting back into it, its just that my motivation to run has dwindled (ha i like that word). I was in Chicago this past weekend and only ran for an hour and fifteen minutes when really I was supposed to run 12 miles...oops. I skipped out on yesterday but made up for it today with a 6 miler (i felt pretty good). I have a 4 miler tomorrow then Saturday I WILL run 12 miles. I mean, I do have a race (1/2 marathon) coming up in about 3 weeks back home in Columbus...gotta be ready for it. I WILL be ready for it.

The good news about that long break is that my body doesn't hurt anymore :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes a break is needed. I did that back in January and it was the best thing for me, I just did other stuff to still keep in shape. you may lose a little fitness but not all of it.