Friday, October 31, 2008

bruised and broken...still

Does anybody know what to do when your marathon is shy of just 2 months away and your body is not in the condition it should be? I don't know what its going to take exactly, but I just want my body to be healthy. I took a 2 week break (almost) and tried to go for a run yesterday despise my still broken ankle (the bruising is almost gone) and what I thought was a healed hip. Apparently I was wrong because it was no more than 9 minutes into the run that I had to stop.  Not because of my ankle but because of the lovely bursa sack which was causing my hip to pop and do whatever it does when you have an inflamed sac resting on your joint. I know my body needs to rest itself and heal up but I'm so afraid all that endurance I've worked for is going to go right down the drain by taking the necessary steps to heal myself. I just don't have the attention span that I used to when it comes to cross training. The runs are getting longer and so the thought of "running" on those machines just doesn't phase me anymore. Hmmm... maybe I'll start running in water? Whatever I do hopefully I don't have to do it for too long...and hopefully I don't have to get that cortisone shot!!

2 comments:

Kaity Mackenzie said...

eww. I mean, I hope you feel better and are able to continue training and whatnot, but seriously... that's kind of gross.

Newly and Forever, Tamantha said...

I've heard that running in water is actually better, not as much stress on your joints and more resistance to keep your legs toned..good luck!