Friday, November 7, 2008

no other choice

I wish I could get out there and actually complete my training runs with REAL running, but for now i'll just have to stick to the elliptical (lucky me).  I'm still feeling some soreness and a bit of swelling in my ankle and I'm sure once I start running again my hip is going to pop every which way, but this cross training thing is much better than just sitting there and doing nothing (I've already copped out on a total of 6 weeks worth of training...uh oh...time to get this butt of mine back in gear, NO MATTER what it is I have to do). It hasn't been TOO bad this week...5 miles monday, 10 wednesday, 5.5 yesterday...but what the heck am I going to do when I have a 16 mile "run" tomorrow morning on a machine that doesn't get me anywhere and doesn't allow me to look at anything except treadmills for 2 1/2 hours?? (What I would give for my 16 mile follow up post to be about the beautiful scenery that kept me occupied while I was trekking across southern Indiana hahaha.)  Guess I just have to take it for what its worth, bite the bullet, and know that in the end this cross training is going to benefit me rather than destroy me. Hopefully I'll be back out there before I know it...but in the mean time I'll be racing the clock to design Kaity's logo for her new photography studio!! So everyone: when its up and running and she's famous, you best buy her prints...and admire the savvy graphic design behind it all ;)

65 days until the big day!!


No comments: