Thursday, August 21, 2008

i think i may be turning into a real runner

I planned on running this morning before work...i really did. It was only 3 miles so I was thinking it couldn't have been that bad, but my body was begging for more sleep so instead of running I decided to give myself a little birthday present and sleep in (sad how my "sleeping in" is only until 6:45). And now I'm sitting here, wondering when it is I'm possibly going to get the chance to run because I know if I don't I'm going to feel super guilty about it...and we all know working straight from 8am to 10 pm doesn't give me ANY time to fit it in to my whacky schedule. I was thinking, though, that with the condition and soreness of my shins, I'll just give my body another day's rest and do it tomorrow morning before work. Ehhh, no rest the day before a 10k is the best way to go, right?

In other news...yesterday during lunch I decided to see which running clubs I could join and what races were out there that I could sign up for, and being from Columbus, Ohio and knowing I desperately want to go back home for a bit, I think I may register for the Columbus 1/2 marathon. I absolutely love downtown Columbus so what better way to visit than to run 13 miles!!

I must say that going into this marathon my only thought/goal were to complete this ONE marathon and then be done with running forever. Yet, as each week of training passes by I find myself wanting to run more and more, and already I've signed up for 2 other races in the past month. I'm not quite sure but I think I may be turning into a real runner. I LOVE THIS!

3 comments:

David said...

Yeah, I understand that. I'm struggling with trying to hold back from taking weekend trips to go run in races in my area. I've got plenty to do here being in school, but I've got the addiction now...

J and S said...

Great to meet you Laura! I know how touch it is to be motivated to run. Running clubs are great for that reason. They hold you accountable! I also love saying that I am truly a "runner" now:)

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog and best of luck with training. (We lived in Columbus last summer, and I agree that it is beautiful!)

Stuart said...

I totally get the 6:45 lie in, that's like a half day!

Sounds like it's getting into your bloodstream the way it did for us all! Don't fight it embrace the addiction.