Saturday, January 17, 2009

i'm hooked

Ok so after about 5 minutes of really thinking about it, I've decided that I will not stop at one. Yes, I'd have to say that, thanks to Kaity, I am hooked to this marathon thing. Don't know how long I'll keep it up for, but lets hope my body agrees with it. I registered for the Columbus marathon (10.18.09) a few days ago and although its not until October, I registered so I had no way to back out. I guess all those people who said, "oh you think you'll stop after one now...my friend said that and he's on his 37th one," were right hahaha...well, to some extent.

This past week I've been reflecting on race day and have to admit that it really was one of the most uplifting and euphoric experiences. Not only that but an out-of-body one as well. I can't really explain that one, but if you're a runner I'm hoping you get what I'm saying. And I don't mean to boast and brag but I am so proud of myself. I thought gymnastics and diving were mental, and they are, but nothing will ever compare to the mental preparation for running a marathon...and i did it!...26.2 miles. How many people (compared to the rest of the world) can actually say that? We are awesome!

A few more days of rest and its time to start training all over again.... :)

1 comment:

C said...

Yay for you! I want to run another one too, but I have yet to commit. It'll definitely be in the fall though.

Good luck with the training and congrats again!