Tuesday, June 16, 2009

making it through the storm

Official marathon training started this past sunday and I've made it off to a great start! Although I had to let myself walk for close to a mile, I got my 10 miler in and began to remember why I started this whole running thing in the first place. Aside from the pounding blisters on my feet, I feel great and am ready for today's 4-6 miler followed by the ever so famous ab ripper! 

Although I will be training alone most of the time for marathon 2k9, I am not alone. Some things have happened in my life recently where normally I would just put running off, sit on my butt in misery and convince myself that it was the end of the world...not anymore! I refuse to let life end where it shouldn't and I refuse to miss out on a training run just because "i'm not feeling up to it." I've learned that life does not stop and wait for you to get off your butt and find happiness, and thats one thing running, at least this time around, has allowed me to do. It is my comfort...it is my release...and it is the one thing that allows me to think without actually thinking.

2 comments:

Megan Hall said...

How did official training season sneak up on us so fast?!?!

C said...

You've got a great attitude. Good luck with the training!